The entire HVAC control system was replaced with a state of the art distributed PLC control system. The modification was motivated by efforts at power savings, and by the fact that the old system was obsolete. Each air handling unit control panel was modified and the new PLC:s were included in the ship’s own technical network.
- HVAC control system replacement, 34 PLCs
- 18 new Electric motors, replaced due to insulation shortcomings
- 52 new Frequency drives.
- CO2 Control sensors
- Pressure sensors
- 34 programs with all sorts of energy conserving measures:
- Time programming, auto-adjusting to ships time zone.
- CO2 Control of large public spaces
- Pressure control of cabin systems.
- Heat recovery from engines made ship-speed dependent
- Operation manual
- Electrical drawings